Tenants of Faith
1. The Bible: The divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures: the Bible is infallible
in its declaration, final in its authority, all-sufficient in its provisions and comprehensive in
its sufficiency (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. The One True God: The existence of the One True God, Maker of the whole universe; indefinable,
but revealed as the Trinity Godhead – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – one in nature, essence and
attributes: Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent (Genesis 1:1; Mathew 3:16-17, 28:19; 2
3. Man’s Depraved Nature: All people have sinned and come short of the glory of God. We are subject
to eternal punishment and need repentance and regeneration (Genesis 3:1-19; Isaiah 53:6)
4. The Savior: Man’s need of a Savior has been met in the person of Jesus Christ because of His
deity, virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, resurrection and ascension, His abiding
intercession and second coming (Matthew 1:21; John 4:42; Ephesians 5:23;
Philippians 2:6-11 ).
5. Repentance, Regeneration, Justification and Sanctification: All people have to repent of and
confess their sins before God and believe in the vicarious death of Jesus Christ to be justified
before God. We believe in the sanctification of the believer through the working of the Holy Spirit
and in God’s gift of Eternal Life to the believer (Luke 15:5; Acts 2:38; Romans 4:25, 5:16;
I Corinthians 1:30; I Thessalonians 4:3).
6. The Ordinances (Sacraments) of the Church: The Ordinance of Baptism by immersion is a testimony
of a convert who has attained a responsible age. (Infants and children are not
baptized but are dedicated to the Lord).
The Ordinance of the Lord’s Supper which should be partaken by all who are in full
fellowship of the Body of Christ. (Matt. 28:19-20, Mark 16:16, Luke 22:19-20 )
7. Baptism, Gift and Fruit of the Holy Spirit: The baptism of the Holy Spirit for believers with signs following; and in the operation of the gifts and the fruit of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers. (Mark 16:17; Acts 2:4; I Corinthians 12:8-11; Galatians 5:22-23 )
8. The Second Coming and the Next Life: The Resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved . Those who are saved to the resurrection of life, and the unsaved to the resurrection of damnation. (Daniel 12:2; Mark 13:26; John 5:28-29; Acts 1:11, 10:42; Romans 2:7-11, 6:23)
9. Tithes and Offerings: Tithing and the giving of free-will offerings towards the cause of carrying forward the Kingdom of God. We believe that God blesses a cheerful giver.(Genesis 14:18-20, 28:20-22; Malachi 3:6-10; Matthew 23:23; Acts 20:35; I Corinthians 16:1-3: 2 Corinthians 9:1-9)
10. Divine Healing: The healing of sickness and disease is provided for God’s people in the atonement. The Church is, however, not opposed to soliciting the help of qualified medical practitioners. (2 Kings 20:7; Matthew 9:12; Luke 10:34; Colossians 4:14)